1. To create a safe, caring, positive and stimulating environment in which each child is treated as an individual and encouraged to become a successful, confident learner who is responsible and independent.
2. To work in partnership with children, parents, carers and other professionals; valuing the role of family as the child’s first educators.
3. To provide a flexible, broad and balanced play-based curriculum where sensitive staff support and extend learning by responding to individual needs and interests.
4. To be inclusive, promoting equality of opportunity in an environment where we aim to meet all aspects of children’s needs.
5. To work as a team where staff are knowledgeable, accepting, empathetic, respectful, and non-judgemental to all.
6. To keep informed and up to date with innovative practice and research relating to early years education.
7. To monitor each child’s progress and celebrate their achievements in a variety of ways.
8. To comply with national and local legislation with a range of suitable policies.
9. To ensure that staff have clear job descriptions and are deployed appropriately; their training and professional development is supported; they are valued and their achievements recognised.
10. For all staff, children and parents/carers to have a clear vision of, and commitment to, improvement for the future of the group.